Webinar Recording | Recorded January 17, 2018
New Laws / New Cases 2017
CLTA is pleased to offer this webinar recording as an important informational tool. This recording is 1.5 hours in length, as originally presented on January 17, 2018.
NOTE: This webinar is for informational purposes only and is not intended to act as, nor it should be relied upon or construed as, legal or business practice advice.
- 2017 Legislative Successes and 2018 Political Challenges
- New Laws
- Recording Fees - when is $75 due? (SB 2)
- Sale of Federal Lands - right of first refusal? (SB 50)
- Accessory Dwelling Units - can the parcel be subdivided? (AB 494/AB 964)
- Correcting the Recorder's Index - what can be corrected? (AB 794)
- Foresclosure Trustee Fees - an increase? (SB 479)
- PACE Liens - do the changes affect the world of title and escrow?
- New Cases
- OC Interior Services., LLC v. Nationstar Mortg., LLC (2017) 7 Cal App 5th 1318: What does a void judgement in the chain of title really mean to a bona fide purchaser? It's a problem.
- Lee v. Rich (2017) 6 Cal App 5th 270: You would think that a bad execution sale would equal a cancellation of the sheriff's deed. Not Necessarily.
- 926 N. Ardmore Ave., LLC v. City of Los Angeles (2017) 3 Cal 5th 319: Documentary transfer tax for a change in ownership of an entity that owns real estate? You bet.
- And More...
- CLTA Members: $25.00 | Non-Member: $40.00 | Following purchase, you will receive the recording information via email.
- A .PDF containing instructions on how to access the recording will be sent via e-mail. Contact CLTA staff if you do not receive your access instructions within 24 hours of purchase.
- Cynthia Long | Senior Vice President and Regional Counsel, Old Republic Title Insurance Company
- Laura Lowe | Underwriting Counsel, Old Republic Title Company
- Craig Page | Executive Vice President and Counsel, California Land Title Association
- Bill Jourdan | President, Northern California Title Company